Hello Band Families –
Welcome to all new and returning Walled Lake Western Marching Band members! We are looking forward to a great season!
Here are a few important reminders:
– Rehearsals at WLW are Monday July 30th – Friday Aug. 3rd from 6:00 – 9:00 PM. We will meet in the band room. Don’t forget a water bottle, comfortable tennis shoes, and bug spray. Remember…rehearsal starts at 6:00, so get to the band room early.
– If your child needs a school-issued instrument, he/she should be in the band room at 5:00 on Monday, July 30th.
– Mandatory Parent Band Camp Meeting – Wed, Aug. 1 in the school auditorium. 7:00 Registration/Check-In, 8:00 Meeting.
– Uniform Fittings will take place next week before/during rehearsals. We will be at the school at 4:00 on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (8/1, 8/2, 8/3) to do fittings before rehearsals. If any students can come between 4:00 – 6:00 on those days, it would be very helpful!
– Returning students – please try on your Dinkels to be sure they still fit.
– Forms – If you haven’t turned in your forms for band camp, please send them with your student to the Monday, July 30th rehearsal. If you need another set of forms, have your child see me.
– and…Band Camp – Aug. 5 – 10th at Water’s Edge in Howell!
Arrive at school on Sun., Aug 5th at 10:00 AM. Parents must check in their students.
More details at the Parent Meeting on 8/1.
Thanks to all the parents that volunteered to help at camp! We still need overnight volunteers for Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights (Aug. 5, 6, 7). This job requires you to stay awake all night to keep an eye on the kids, and handle any issues that may arise. If you can help, please contact Edie Fitzpatrick.
Looking forward to seeing everyone next week!
Edie Fitzpatrick – WLW Band Boosters
Pat Dudzinski – Band Director