Twas the night before Band Camp and all through the house….. there was chaos. But, not to despair we have some words of encouragement and directions from Miss Edie – Band Booster President:
Edie Fitzpatrick wanted to send you the following message regarding the sign up: WLW Marching Band Camp Volunteers:
Hi Everyone –
Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow morning at WLW at 10:00 to check-in. Remember….no drop-offs – please sign your child in!
Here are a few packing reminders / highlights from the parent meeting:
– See the Packing List and Parent Information Handout at WLWBANDS.COM
– Kids are welcome to pack snacks (and ziploc bags). No pop, energy drinks (Monster, Red Bull, etc.) are allowed. Gatorade, Powerade, etc. is fine.
– There will be a softball game this week. Bring a mitt so you can play!
– Pack any board games, decks of cards, etc. that you would like to play with friends in the evening.
– Bring your name tags from pre-camp week.
– Each section is assigned a specific snack to donate for the week, if possible. Please see the list below of instruments and the snack to bring.
– Returning Members – Try on your Dinkles before you come to camp! If they do not fit, and you would like to donate them to the ‘used shoe closet,’ please bring them to camp with you. Shoe fittings will take place this week at camp.
– There is NO TRANSPORTATION HOME PROVIDED at the end of the week. Please plan to come out to camp on Friday, 8/9 at 7:00 to see our show and take your child home. The directions to camp are found on the Parent Info Handout at wlwbands.com.
– Bring your checkbook on Friday! We will be selling Band Spirit Wear after the show. You can also pay for your Dinkles (marching shoes) at that time.
Please donate the following Snacks on Sunday when you check in:
Drum Line: 32 ct. case of water (16.9 oz bottles)
Drum Line – Pit: 24 ct. package of string cheese
Color Guard: 24 count Peanut Butter or Cheese Crackers
DrumMaj / Twirler: 12 pack of Diet Coke (Caffeine Free)
Flutes A – M: Large jug of orange juice (96+ ounces)
Flutes N – Z: 2 packages of cookies (not individually wrapped)
Piccolos: Large bag of baby carrots
Clarinets: Regular family size bag of potato chips
Trumpets: 18 count granola bars (chocolate chip are most popular)
Saxes: 5 lbs (15ish) washed apples
Trombones: Regular family size box of Cheez-Its
Mellophone: 1 bag of oranges (12ish)
Baritones: 3 regular size bags of long pretzel rods
Sousaphones: 1 Watermelon (uncut)